View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 12:17 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [[Speed Improvements]] Brainstorming & Testing Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
thats fine. but I still don't know what your talking about hence the questions

ie my primary question. the apps your doing this pm stuff with. are those the "SAME" apps I see when I open a task manager or are they "hidden" apps your closing?

if they are the same they I don't really need to worry about this PM stuff since resetting the built in memory clearance limits appears to do exactly what I want. stop the background stuff from grinding the system to a halt.

on the other hand of this PM stuff is "OTHER" apps that are NOT visible in a task manager or hidden apps taking memory then it might be of interest to me to know how to do what your doing to improve performance.

thats the only reason I asked. I don't care which way I do it manually or with an app. I am perfectly comfortable in a command line interface once I know what to type.
Like I said, I have no clue what you're seeing in these apps. I'm not using any apps. I want the direct control. If you find an app that does what I'm talking about, great... that's on you.

If you're wondering what apps I'm using to put all these commands in, everything was done thru adb shell.