View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 10:24 AM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Free Memory Android TP2 ??

Indeed he has already posted in that thread, which I agree has a great explanation of how Android manages memory.

To answer the first question, Android has full use of all the RAM our hardware provides. Keep in mind some of the 288mb is taken for video memory (15mb I believe?)

Oh, and the way Linux uses memory is very different from Windows. This applies to Android and WinMo just the same. Apps in Android are held in memory until the need for more memory becomes required. Adjusting those minfree values is the way to determine when the system starts freeing up memory from what types of apps... I would encourage you give that thread a solid readthru.