View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 06:18 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Oh No! Is anyone with 3D going to Samsung S II ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatoniss View Post
So what i have read so far on this thread comparing the two phones is all about the 3d. Ok first the evo 3d has that feature. For some thats a plus, the galaxy s2 doesn't. Some people though don't like the 3d yet, it varies with different people. For example, when i tried the evo 3d it degraded the quality some and was extremely straining to me. Moving past the 3d part gten was stating correct facts about the cpu/gpu. Currently the gs2 is faster. Just go check the review videos. The galaxy s2 especially excels in the web browsing department. There is no comparison right now.

But it should be noted that because of the gpu certain games may not work. This can be fixed by rooting and using chain fire but some may not root. So that is a weakness to consider.
Most games utilize OpenGL so they should be cross compatible..all games that work on Evo 3D will work on the SGS2...Qualcomm specifically stated their gamepack is not limited by processor like the Tegra zone:

SlashGear 101: What is Qualcomm’s Snapdragon Game Pack? - SlashGear

So all games should be accessible on all phones, only the Tegra only games you would need root to play...

As far as optimization go, I know GameLoft has committed to optimizing for the Mali...we will see as time goes on as how things work out..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)