View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 03:26 PM
orangekid
Awesomenss :)

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: How To's: Unlocking, Relocking, Flashing, Dumping and Troubleshooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboy_to View Post
Hi All.

I am really hoping that someone can help direct me. After reviewing about 50+ pages on several threads I`m completely confused. Here`s the deal:

I was just given an HTC Touch Diamond CDMA that is registered to Bell. I am with Telus and need the phone to work on the Telus network. I called Telus and they said it is not possible (I don't believe them). I am not really worried about any fancy ROM's or special add ons. I simply want to make this phone work on Telus' network. I have alot of ideas about what I'm supposed to do, but much of what I'm reading doesn't make sense to me and I don't really want to fry my phone.

Also, when I tried to download the files from the 1st post, I could not download the .rar files...I keep getting error messages.

All help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Tommyboy_to
I get so confused with Bell and Telus, it's like both companies are CDMA and GSM so it's hard to tell.

Is your diamond GSM or CDMA? (does it have a SIM slot or do you activate thru the network?

If it is CDMA then they have to add the ESN to their database, you may just be dealing with someone who doesn't know how to do that.

If it's GSM you're going to have to get an unlock code from the original carrier.

But let me know if it's CDMA or GSM first and we'll go from there.