View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 04:44 PM
acts
PPCGeeks Regular

acts is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Photom or Evo?

It all comes down to value added in the overall offering of the phone, no matter what the specs. You can have the best desktop specs on a computer but if all you do is use it for spreadsheets and notepad, what's the point?

One, do you really need a new phone ASAP, or can you continue to wait on getting a SGS2 from Sprint (and by the time it comes, we'll probably all be waiting on the Nexus Prime, or SGS3)? If you can't wait, biting the bullet now and getting a Photon, or Evo3D means you'll sooner be out of contract for your next phone.

Two, are you going to take advantage of your phone's features? If you get an Evo3D, are you really going to take advantage of that 3D capability? 3D games? 3D movies (perhaps HDMI out)? Taking Videos/Pictures in 3D? Converting your old movies to 3D?

With the Photon, you have GSM capabilities for overseas (do you travel? Would you take advantage of that?). You also get to use webtop (assuming you get an HD dock, or root so that you have the capability). Maybe they'll come out with a laptop dock, is that something you'd be interested in doing with your phone? I like the idea of combining my overseas Phone with laptop capabilities. In fact, I'll be heading out to Asia again in January, and will be able to take advantage of popping in a sim card on my Photon and using it in a couple countries without my phone feeling like dead weight.
This post has been thanked 1 times.