View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 10:55 AM
acts
PPCGeeks Regular

acts is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Photom or Evo?

I actually own a Photon 4G and I love it. I got tired of waiting for the SGSII on Sprint in the US and bit the bullet about a week ago (actually it was more of a birthday present bribe). I have two sisters, both of whom have Evo3Ds (as well as 2 co-workers, and two good friends that have them), and having played with them, I think both are great phones, but I like my Photon 4G better.

The Evo3D does feel snappier with Sense 3.0, but the new revamped MotoBlur is not as bad as people make it out to be. I like the webtop, and got the HD Dock Station for my birthday, and I have plans on putting full ubuntu on there. Rooting is unbelievably easy, you could probably walk into a Sprint store and "borrow" their display HD dock to root your phone in a matter of minutes. XDA has people "renting" out docks to help others obtain root.

With JuiceDefender alone, and conditioned battery on medium to heavy use, I can get about 13 hours before my stock battery is fully dead. Kickstand is a plus. Sound quality is great. I tested my signal strength against my sisters Evo3D, and I get consistently better signal strength at the same exact spots @ my parents house and my own.

If you really don't like the motoblur lite, you can alway gets launcher pro, or but a new ROM on it (hopefully sooner than later when the unlock is given by motorola, I'd hold off on it until bootloader encryption is broken).

While I appreciate the 3D on the evo, I probably would not get as much use out of it as I do with the GSM capabilities of the Photon 4G, as I like to go overseas.

Also, I appreciate having 16 GB internal storage (about 8 usable, 3 gb for applications on phone), and I recently added a 32 gb class 10. That's a BIG plus over the Evo3D in my opinion.

I'd say go to a sprint store and check it out, compare the two. The only thing I wish my Photon 4G had was a better front facing camera.
This post has been thanked 1 times.