View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 01:39 AM
tx_dbs_tx
Regular 'Geeker

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Likes and Dislikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by afbond03 View Post
I am coming from the Evo.

I like the rubber textured back, the grooves on the volume and camera keys are a very nice touch.
Screen for some reason just feels great to touch and type on, dunno, almost like it has a soft give to it or something.
Performance is amazing when opening and using apps.
Battery life has already kicked my Evo's ass that was running Cyanogen. I can actually use the phone and not watch my battery all day.
I love the cut off edges, the phone just overall feels great in your hand.
Overall, I have no gripes about this phone. I am glad I burned an upgrade on it.
I agree with all you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
Well it's all over the forums at android central that people are having to pull the battery to make and receive calls. It also craps out while in a call. I personally still will wait and see before I make any rash decisions.
That is not a widespread issue. I'm sorry but that sounds crazy. My Photon has been wonderful and gets a MUCH BETTER signal than my EVO 3D. There must be a software compatability issue that hasn't been pin-pointed yet. It's NOT the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trogdor1138 View Post
No problems here making and receiving calls. I'm coming from an EVO 3D (had it only briefly) and I'm very happy so far.
Same thing here. Ditched my EVO 3D because it gets terrible signal. The Photon pulls a stronger signal than any HTC EVO I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtDMonet View Post
I think the thing I like the best about my wife's 3D is the dedicated camera button/touch focus. How is the camera?
Camera is great. But you will need to learn how to use the auto focus or you will assume the camera is junk. Works great.

Is this basically the Atrix? NO! The Photon spanks the Atrix. Video out? Yes, the Photon has a seperate HDMI output that you can connect to an external HD TV. Can I let my daughter watch an hour of Dora without being plugged in? Don't see why not. On a full charge it will stream an entire Netflix movie no problem. The Photon has a pentile lcd screen that is more battery effecient than other lcd screens on other phones. It's one of the biggest advantages of that technology. Battery life on today's smartphones is very important.

Is there a seperate SD Card slot as well as the 16GB onboard? Yes. It's under the battery cover and you do not have to remove the battery to install a micro-sd memory card. One complaint I have heard from my friend with an Atrix is that, first the partition is small. With only 2GB for programs, you have to be consious of what and where you put things (same as any phone), however when you use an SD card, you have to "choose" what and when you use things. Causes some problems with playing music from SD Card when player is in storage memory
You will not have that problem with the Photon! There is 16GB built in memory and half of it is partitioned for the OS/system and the other is for user data such as apps, etc. Plus you can install as many apps as you desire on the remaining 8GB partition. Plus you can install apps on the micro-sd memory card. Believe me you have nothing to be concerned about with memory on the Photon. If you need more memory for apps then you don't need a smartphone, you need a laptop and headset with skype in you back pocket instead.