View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 11:59 PM
rpierce99
PPCGeeks Regular

rpierce99 is keeping up the good workrpierce99 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amamba View Post
Thanks for such a great app !

I am a longtime WM user who knows very little about Android. I just installed XDAndroid dual-booting with WM to see if I like Android enough to jump platforms when my upgrade is due next July. So I'll be asking lots of questions

Well, some quick ones:

- Is it normal for the light to stay amber when the phone is charging ? I did turn off GPS satellites and the light is green when off / not connected.

- What is the battery life vs WM ? In WM I can easily go over a day on a charge with continuous moderate use (music, web, ActiveSync, apps, calls, no video).

- Is there a way to connect device to PC & browse content / copy files like in WM ? Better else, sync files ? Or do I have to take the card out all the time ?

- Is there a good free Word DOC or RTF document editor for Android ? I have many DOC files (project notes) that I use on my workstation & sync to WM. Using Google Docs to store business data in our company is discouraged. Also, any good free Excel application ?

Thanks !
- Yes, the light will be orange when it is charging.

- I have a bunch of stuff syncing so I get less life than most, but I can usually go from 8 am to 8pm, but just barely.

- Use the windows app droid explorer to get explorer-like file management

- The market has a search function, I'd recommend using it. I haven't tried to edit office documents on mine but a quick search turned up many possibilities.