View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 07:05 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchstickredgti View Post
Don't know if it's the same as the previous builds, but I noticed there's no overclock line in the startup.txt. Add the line in you txt file and it should speed it up a little
I'm not going to force an overclock on everyone... If you want to OC, it's in the FAQ .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwebmonkey View Post
Download advanced task killer from the market. play with the settings to get it how you like it.
I wouldn't recommend using any automatic task killers - they can (and will) kill apps without warning, and data loss will ensue.

There are some values in init.rc that determines when Android itself should start killing apps to free up memory - I haven't taken the time to investigate these settings and if it makes a difference, but I would look to using Android itself to manage apps - since FroYo, Google has told people to not use app killers!

I would be interested to see if mucking with some of those init.rc values help. Be very careful if you venture out into these waters on your own - there's many metrics, and some of them if tweaked too much can cause very bad side effects!