View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 04:39 PM
teradog
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |July 4| 21916|29022 * Sense 2021 + flavors

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaPrem View Post
Does anyone have a Titanium ROM that they can share which doesn't have camera related issues? I noticed all the Titanium ROM's since at least June 5, freeze up the phone, when taking pictures using the camera. A few other Titanium users have also complained about this.... using the camera still froze up the phone after snapping a few pics. .... highly recommend you guys run SPBShell on the Titanium ROM (thanks to Teradog for the write-up.) It runs so smooth and is easily configurable. I didn't like IPT too much, although it was blazing fast. A PagePool of 15 worked best for me on this ROM. Anything lower made the menu in the operating system run noticeably slower for me. It also gives 114mb of RAM (using Panel start menu) on start up without a trade off on OS speed.
For those with camera issues
Question: Is the lockup immediate?
Re. "after snapping a few pics" I'm able to take a bunch of pics both in & out of SPB, seems like a delayed SOD. At what point does it freeze? Any other details??

??? others???

Also: please go & vote for this issue here if you are having camera issues: http://energyrom.userecho.com/ , bugs, TP2 CDMA 29022 Titanium ROM Camera locking up TP2

Hey nice write up... guess I didn't notice the camera issue, or other posters..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if you get an issue make sure you ck wiki "Important Links",
Contact NRG directly: Issues/Ideas/Suggestions
Which brings you here: General forum / Energy ROM Feedback
And, put in a writeup under "Bugs", good to put a link to this discussion also.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(I did this for you above)

Also, re. SPB.. I haven't used in months, but have it on wifes... reinstalled it a week ago, but took out of \windows\startup... so in the IPT screen one, bottom right softkey is SPB home. I use IPT all the time, but if I want/need, feel like playing in SPB, just hit the button & wala, I'm in SPB.

One of the coolest things is that if you keep IPT installed & running (settings, home, IPT checked), you can use the softkey to flip back & forth to SPB & in SPB simply put on the
"Show Today" widget & move to the bottom right hand side, just above where the right softkey would be... Too nice, toggle back & forth pressing the same place on the screen almost (show today/SPB home buttons) between SPB & IPT.

One of the reasons I don't auto into SPB is I like to have my boots into andoid on the SD as clean as possible, no startup files or menus (besides IPT).

I ran some RAM tests a couple days ago & found SPB only taking up 10MB of RAM (IPT almost none). But, that is 10MB... & when I was trying to get 150MB RAM +, it made a difference.

When you say how much RAM you are at, it's a little misleading for other readers... I know you know... but, @ 15pp & SPB you should be around 123ish+, but am guessing you are still running arksoft in your startup file & other startup commands & sofware.

Last edited by teradog; 07-23-2011 at 05:33 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.