View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 04:15 PM
teradog
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

dunno, but don't want to get off track on this thread, not mine...

*edit* editing post for readability & tailor toward all slow apps.
Original response was to help get angry birds running, but may help with other slow apps & menus.

If your "Android is slow", here are 4 simple steps to make an application run/run faster.

• OC (Overclock): Put this in your startup.txt anywhere between the "" (ensure a space between any words, not quotes) acpuclock.oc_freq_khz=716800 then reboot, try again.. probably needs the boost in speed..
  • DL Advanced Task Killer from market & kill all running apps before going into the game.
  • Set your apps not to auto update in settings, so a bunch of other tasks & network access isn't going on at the same time your trying to play...
  • On the Windows side before going into Android, you should run "Field Trial" and check your reception is. Walk around & try to get in the -50 to -60dbm range before going into Android. Turning your TP2 even 180 degrees in the exact same location can bring the signal from -60 to -90 in a hurry, so ensure your in a good reception area.

Don't know about your location (Qatar), perhaps some software restrictions on that & or network.
If you want to discuss further, post over in the Android Simple Guide sticky... i'll respond... again not my thread here...

Good job arrrhggg on closing out frx06 thread, smart move... t'd post 137 for that..

Last edited by teradog; 07-24-2011 at 03:56 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.