View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 02:29 PM
teradog
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Time to ante up on Sprint 4G

hey hey... kiowa & davetn same thread again! :>))
Sorry about your 3G Kiowa, you know what I'm getting! :>)) 3 mbs avg @ night, 2.6 daytime. .
I can't even imagine you guys @ a sprint store... I always have conflicts talking down to them :>))

We've discussed much of this in the past, but make sure you use fieldtrial or a droid signal meter to find the best reception. It would be VERY interesting to know what you are getting for -dBm...

I can see my tower about 2 miles across the lake. I get -55 in one window, turned a certain way... of course this is the spot I wifi & tether from...

The 4G tests I've done are a joke with Sprint, Clear & Verizon. All of them had their own sites & sheets showing awesome numbers, a couple even tried to show me some great live speeds... joke.

I took the device each time to my speed site & none of the 4G devices beat 5mbps in their kiosk/store!! Sprint barely cleared 4! If I'm getting 3, why the heck would I pay over $1000 more a year in plan charges for shotty 4G?!!

You could give me a free EVO 3G, I'd send it back... not worth a grand a year to me.

Last edited by teradog; 07-22-2011 at 02:48 PM.