View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 02:07 PM
DavidinCT
VIP Member

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: Is there any way to use WM programs on the WP7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcD348 View Post
OK, thanks for the input. That's what I thought. I've written to Tarascon about it but don't know if they have it in their plans to create a WP7 version or not. they don't even list the WM version anymore.

The other issue I may have, is the lack of an SD card in the newer phones. How has that effected storage and usability? I've always been one to try and keep my main memory as clean as possible by loading my programs/data onto the SD/CF cards ever since my days with the iPAQ and Axims.

Thanks again for the help and insight. I still have a lot to learn adn catch up on. I only started using Smartphones last year when I finally took the step to stop carrying my PTT Phone and Axim x51v with me everywhere I went.

Bonus for me is that, according to the store rep, if I take the Arrive as a freebie trade in on my TP2, it won't affect my upgrade path at the end of the year so I can get one of the newer models thats coming down the channel later in teh year.
As for the SD card, it comes with a 16gb card, it can be upgraded to 32gb but, you have to pull the phone apart (yea, pull it apart, AKA remove screws,etc) and can change it but, all your data will be lost on the upgrade and the card you pull will be almost unreadable in other devices (yea, there is work arounds but, dont always work). As long as 16gb is ok for your needs, it should not be a problem, I loaded a ton of apps and music on mine and I still have over 8gb free.

So you know, Windows Phone uses it's SD card as memory, so it will use its internal memory and the SD card in a raid 0 type config, so it's one drive.

I came from the same deal as you, I still have my HP hx4700 I used as a PDA with a cell phone (with tethering with bluetooth), I used to have a keyboard, GPS kit and everything for it. I moved to a Windows Mobile 5, 6, 6.5 device and never looked back.

If you can live with out your app for now, or can get another one to fit the bill, you can't go wrong with WP7, you will love it. It's faster, stabler, and smooth. What a major upgrade from the TP2 (and I did have one of those for almost a year and 1/2). At first glance it's not too fancy with the color tiles but, you will learn to love the instant updates on them. Simple to get your data when you need it.

And, you can get one with out changing your upgrade date ? Dam, I'd go for it, if you, again, can live for the time being with out your app.

I do know how important thos apps are

Trust me, there is a bunch of small apps from WM that I wish I could use on WP7 but, for the better OS, I can live with out them.

Enjoy !

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 07-18-2011 at 02:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.