View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 12:23 PM
KIOWA69
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Time to ante up on Sprint 4G

I called Sprint about how slow my 3G was, I'm pulling like 15kbps down and up, at the end of the call the Sprint rep had the nerve to ask me to give him a good rating on a survery and I told him no I wouldn't because you didn't fix anything and I'm still pushing and pulling the same amount of data he said hold on and talked to his supervisor and they said they would send me an Airvana free of charge, I knew that wasn't going to fix the issue but agreed as it wouldn't of hurt and plus I wasn't going to have to pay for it. The Airvana is supposed to be good for up to 5k feet and it's supposed to be good for data and voice, voice seems to be good with it, but the data still sucks bad.

Our towers in my area are overloaded with to many people and that's the reason the service is slow as hell, they know about the issue and they were supposed to upgrade the towers by the end of June, but the techs that were supposed to do that got pulled because a larger market was having issues, I have had this same issue since February, have called in constantly to complain so there is a record of shitty service, what did suck about this is that I always had to go through the usual b.s. of troubleshooting the phone with them, and this last time I even had to unroot my phone and take it in to a repair center to get looked at before they said they could work with me an further on this issue, so I did that and also when I was at the repair center I had them note in my account that the towers were overloaded and that's whats wrong that it's nothing with my phone.

I finally sent an email to dan@sprint.com and someone got back to me and gave me a nice credit and is also calling me back in regards to when our towers are supposed to be upgraded/fixed and said that he would credit me as long as there was an issue, were not talking a small hick town here we are talking about a couple hundred thousand people in this town. Moral of my story is to call and complain so you have a record of all this because sometimes they don't know about things until people start complaining is what I was told.