Old 03-11-2008, 06:35 PM
johnjirwin
PPCGeeks Regular

johnjirwin is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I'm considering "upgrading" to a XV6800

GotJaz...
I had the xv6800 from the first day Verizon announced it. Seems to be much nicer than the 6700 ...alot lighter (not lugging around a brick in my pocket!) Battry life is fantastic. I had to have an extended batttery with the 6700 because I was always short. VERY good battery life ...it's nice to not worry about it!
I miss not having a cradle for my desk at work...

word of caution... DON'T buy the verizon wallett for the phone (the one with the magnet flap) It took me a few days to figure out that the magnet activates the screen to view sideways (just like when you slide out the keyboard) Every time my phone would ring it would go into landscape mode when I took it out of my holster ...Pretty annoying after a while!!!

Don't be afraid of the mods ...everything that's come out so far has been a great improvement from what Verizon put on the phone.

Memory is real nice to have although some work needs to be done with the memory management ...if you add programs to the phone things get a little skimpy on the program memory (although you will have plenty of storage memory) and things come to a stand still.

Finding that MOST of the mod work is being done with Sprint first and then the rest of us (Verizon) are a little behind and it's frustrating to have to wait (and find when you can) Verizon mods.

I would make the jump!

Verizon xv6800 - Radio: 3.39.10
No2Chem 5067 - Page Pool 8.85

Major Programs: PocketInformant Beta 8+, eWallet Beta, Pocket Quicken 2.5, Spb Mobile Shell 2.1.0/3363, WkTASK 1.1.7.3