View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 03:15 PM
DavidinCT
VIP Member
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: Want WP7 Mango today ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
Before giving up keep in mind that even though I thought that I made a few backup copies but they were only 302kb which has to be wrong. I also installed 4.8 after installing mango and thought I couldn't downgrade. I then ran and installed a file called MangoB2-ZuneClient.zip which I got from xda. Somehow when I synced my zune it came up with the option to revert back to NoDo. I was lucky.

Try installing zune from that file and tell me what happens. File too large to attach.
The 302kb files are your XML files, needed but, not your prinary data...

Your backup data is stored at

%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update

(put that in a run command, you should see a folder that is a few gb in size, that is your backup and this is what you should backup)

The problem is my Windows Phone update folder was overwritten when I downgraded back to 4.7 (I did my mango upgrade in 4.7, not a good idea, so I had to roll back to uninstall because it would not work in 4.8 for some reason)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
well us arrive users are lucky anyway because we have 2 roms on xda that we can flash so im ready in case my backup can't be restored.
I thought us Trophy users were too but, it turns out the rom is bad, and just the demo rom (like you see in the store) and people have had issues.

Has your Arrive rom been tested by fellow Sprint users ?? Are you sure it's good ?

IF this was the case, I would of done this last night (if the rom was good) and you would of never seen a post by me on this.

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
This post has been thanked 1 times.