Thread: Google Plus
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 07:07 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Google Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
For their Google Maps, which compliments their search..

How can it be not as good? it doesn't get worse..if you mean haven't improved much that is understandable but I doubt it just got worse..
haven't been making improvements is just as bad as getting worse, especially since Bing is improving significantly by the day. I'll say some things in Spanish and put them in a comparison later
Personally I will tell you this, As far as translation goes..both are sub par translations. As far as search goes, Bing has improved A LOT and probably the 2nd best..but its still got ways to go to catch up to Google Search...as an example I know someone who is part of their Live Club..the one with the word games that you use Bing to solve..and most of the time using Google gives them more accurate answers :/

Not to mention don't forget Bing uses where people visit to rank their results..since Google is the biggest search engine, the top results of Bing tend to copy the results of Google..(M$ admitted to this back in feb)

Quote:
it scores 97/100 on acid3 test tho, other browsers have gotten low to mid 90s cept for chrome and opera who were 100 but they didn't perform as such.
now that is just M$ marketing talking..ACID3 has been released in 2008 and is semi outdated..until ACID4 is released HTML5 is the standard to test by...

That said most browsers pass with 97 or higher..

IE9 tests for 95 actually on ACID3 just tested it myself(and so does IE10)...only Desktop browsers that test in low/mid 90s are old browsers or outdated browsers..

Android tests for 93 but in honeycomb it get 100..

Quote:
I saw that, they were going back n forth on framerate and IE9M came on top in subsequent tests at least this was on the WMPU article I saw on it. none are officially released yet so we'll see when they're out
But again at end of the day I see people using WebGL over standard canvas as its more efficient..

Quote:
I figured out that my issue was that the videos with ads haven't been migrated to html5 yet which is why they still used the flash player. so far the html5 videos either played on the site or in the video player on my phone. I still haven't figured out how the hell they're able to detect im on a wp7 and redirect me to a less functional mobile site even tho im set to desktop mode and no other sites are doing it
They don't test what your using and redirect you...what happens is this..remember that HTML5 test site? they check if your browser supports certain features and when they see you don't it redirects you...its not targeting wp7 in specific...

Quote:
you're quite knowledgeable about google you should work for them. sometimes I say these things to test you.
As I said before..I have no interest in Google controlling everything....I tend to use Amazon Appstore over Google Appstore when I can, and I use FireFox for my secure stuff while Google Chrome just to surf...For my cellphone I use Opera/FireFox to surf...for mail I use Yahoo over Gmail..etc..

Aka I choose the product that works best for my needs..be it Google or not...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)