Thread: Google Plus
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 06:24 PM
eric12341
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Google Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
For their Google Maps, which compliments their search..

How can it be not as good? it doesn't get worse..if you mean haven't improved much that is understandable but I doubt it just got worse..
haven't been making improvements is just as bad as getting worse, especially since Bing is improving significantly by the day. I'll say some things in Spanish and put them in a comparison later

First of all Frame rate for HTML5 has nothing to do with standards compatibility! ...just cause it does good on 1 test does not mean its compliant with HTML5 standards..there are over 400 tests for HTML5..IE9 failed over half of them..thats not web compliant...PS I did a test on Mobile FireFox 6 and got a score of 285+9 in HTML5Test

Second of all, It measures FPS of css 3d which the older versions of the browsers don't support yet, and little sites use it yet but its irrelevant in the end because M$ is not picking up WebCL yet..which will allow framerates of 10x higher then your used to now.

it scores 97/100 on acid3 test tho, other browsers have gotten low to mid 90s cept for chrome and opera who were 100 but they didn't perform as such.

Third of all your competing unreleased software vs released software. Like the default iOS5's Safari beat IE9 on framerate, read it up on pocketnow..we will see how Ice cream sandwich default browser compares..
I saw that, they were going back n forth on framerate and IE9M came on top in subsequent tests at least this was on the WMPU article I saw on it. none are officially released yet so we'll see when they're out

There are multiple standards for HTML5 video..so sure if you went to sites that use H264 video and AAC/MP3 audio it would play fine..but those that are WebM, OGG/Theora, MPG4, PCM won't play fine...YouTube uses WebM for HTML5....hence why you have issues...ask M$ to support WebM and it will work wonders...
I figured out that my issue was that the videos with ads haven't been migrated to html5 yet which is why they still used the flash player. so far the html5 videos either played on the site or in the video player on my phone. I still haven't figured out how the hell they're able to detect im on a wp7 and redirect me to a less functional mobile site even tho im set to desktop mode and no other sites are doing it
you're quite knowledgeable about google you should work for them. sometimes I say these things to test you.