Thread: Google Plus
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 04:47 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Google Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post

what about their driverless cars?
For their Google Maps, which compliments their search..

Quote:
their search engine is suffering because of it, nowhere near what it was like back when I was soph in HS. their translator isn't even as good anymore, everytime id type something in Spanish and put it in one to look it up Bing always provided the translation closest to what I meant
How can it be not as good? it doesn't get worse..if you mean haven't improved much that is understandable but I doubt it just got worse..

Quote:
IE9 mobile was demonstrated to have the highest framerate for html5 out of all the default mobile browsers. video is on WMPU and pocketnow
First of all Frame rate for HTML5 has nothing to do with standards compatibility! ...just cause it does good on 1 test does not mean its compliant with HTML5 standards..there are over 400 tests for HTML5..IE9 failed over half of them..thats not web compliant...PS I did a test on Mobile FireFox 6 and got a score of 285+9 in HTML5Test

Second of all, It measures FPS of css 3d which the older versions of the browsers don't support yet, and little sites use it yet but its irrelevant in the end because M$ is not picking up WebCL yet..which will allow framerates of 10x higher then your used to now.

Third of all your competing unreleased software vs released software. Like the default iOS5's Safari beat IE9 on framerate, read it up on pocketnow..we will see how Ice cream sandwich default browser compares..

Quote:
all html5 videos that I've tested playback fine,some in the Zune player. I found that it was the ad videos that would default to flash on YouTube
There are multiple standards for HTML5 video..so sure if you went to sites that use H264 video and AAC/MP3 audio it would play fine..but those that are WebM, OGG/Theora, MPG4, PCM won't play fine...YouTube uses WebM for HTML5....hence why you have issues...ask M$ to support WebM and it will work wonders...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 07-09-2011 at 05:11 PM.