Thread: Google Plus
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 01:37 AM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Google Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
nope ill stick to Facebook,im not too keen on google's large attempt to try to take over the world. they should've stayed a search engine and that business is suffering now since they've began unreasonably branching out to others.
I don't think you are understanding how google works...they dont just "Branch out"..everything they do compliments their search engine business aka with ad sense..everything they do is focused on ad sense...its not unreasonable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by swear0730 View Post
Wait, I thought it was Facebook trying to take over the world LOL.
They are all trying to take over the world..facebook just publicly anounces it while Google does it behind the scenes...

Quote:
maybe for the google addicts out there. I couldn't even get their +1 feature on this site to work it says my browser is incompatible WTF? its IE9 which is compatible with all web standards. I also get redirected to their mobile sites when I shouldn't be, google,and YouTube are the only sites that do this to me. this did not happen on my bros friends Android device that I helped him set up. so google is doing something to try to prevent other devices or browsers from getting the best of their services.

PS I think this should be moved out of the android discuss in section to get greater coverage and better votes.
Since when is IE9 compatible with all web standards? while IE9 is better complaint then its previous versions..its still behind the competition...

I mean look:

The HTML5 test - How well does your browser support HTML5?

Desktop IE9 gets a score of 130+5...my phone has almost 2x higher HTML5 compliance score...

Quote:
you said the keyword Android. somehow google is able to detect that I am on a wp7 device (even though im set to desktop mode) and as such either redirect me to a mobile site and say content not available on mobile,or just say not compatible with device. no other sites are doing this, I can view html5 videos perfectly on other sites while only spotty on YouTube.
Blame M$ here actually...they did not want to support WebM video which Google uses..all the other browsers support it...thus have no problem with youtube and HTML5....you can get the WebM plugin for your desktop IE9 from Google but for your phone there is not much that can be done until M$ supports it...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 2 times.