View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 09:30 PM
teradog
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Simple Guide 7/7/11, 6 Easy Steps (15 min): ANDROID TP2 DL links, FRX06, GingerBr

I'm going to copy in a PM I received, but not who sent it. Some great questions, by someone that's done their homework! If they had these questions, you may too... read on, my response is in red.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1." Copy a startup.txt or startup.txt from the startup dir" Does this mean its from the startup dir of windows? Or is it one of those that you find on this website FAQ - Project Android

>>grab any old micro sd, DL the latest froyo, unzip on pc, copy to root or a dir on sd... root gets messy if planning on running same sd for tunes, etc. on win side, so most install to a dir "andboot" copy your unzipped stuff to andboot & you should see a startups dir (in sdcard\andboot\startups\RHOD)

2. In relation to that you write "Ensure you have the correct startup.txt (rhod 400) from the startups directory " However, my phone says Rhod 500, so I assume I use Rhod 500, not 400 correct?
yes, looks like I should clean that up :>))

3. "Make another file named “default.txt” in the same directory, both the same (to avoid any issues). " Does this file just stay blank? Or does this file have the same stuff thats written in startup.txt?

>> more cleanup needed, not needed anymore.. same stuff in it..

4. You also say if it doesnt run to try the Failsafe method. The question I have there is you write to Rename your windows\startup (ex. 1startup)
Now wont that affect Windows?? I thought this shouldnt affect windows. If I do change it will it boot into windows correctly if I try to reboot the device?
Yes of course it affects the windows side! I thought I put something that said "the first time".. it builds your android system in a file named data.img... you can rename back after you've run it once/ built it.

5. I cant for the life of me figure out what this means "7zip unzip 2 times" Is 7zip the program? and are you saying it needs to be unzipped twice? If so where do I find this program, cause unless I'm mistaken, I couldnt locate that on your links.

If you read the xdandroid.com links, you'll see it has a link to it.. it's the best .zip program around (compression, decomp) for downloads, so they aren't so big. Funny thing is, you actually have to run it again to get the files. *edited*

Great reading & research, time to just start hammering away at it, it really shouldn't take more than 20 min!

You learn also by doing... it won't hurt your windows stuff!!!

Last edited by teradog; 07-08-2011 at 09:40 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.