View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 04:21 AM
aedon
Halfway to VIP Status

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How do I properly flash a ROM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapancake View Post
Great!

Update: I just flashed the Energy ROM and it's working very smoothly. The only thing is, facebook still has that error message when I try to read comments and I'm still not entirely sure how to access my saved contacts from my SIM card.

All of my pictures from before had transferred over. I believe the friend who flashed my previous rom had set the phone to save contacts to the sim card using PIM? on a weekly basis.

If your contacts are on you sim card, then all you need to do is have the sim card in your phone.

It should pick up your contacts from the card on its own.

You should be able to see all you contacts from the start menu contact icon. If not... then your sim card is blank...

If you can however see the contacts then you can just copy them over to your device off the sim card. There are two ways to do this.
Sim contact Import from the htc sence contact page (the bottom slide bar is the sence icons)
Or through the start menu contact page with copy to.

Energy roms import sim contact from the sence tab has never worked for me, so what I do is go to contacts from the start menu and then what you can do is hit menu, then select contacts, then all
after that long hold anywhere on the contacts to 'right click' and then hit copy contact, then to contacts
If you like i could post some screen shots of each step. What flavour energy rom are you running? I can flash that specific rom so you can see it as it would be for you

That should do it.

I personally dont use my sim card, i have all my contacts on it and I copy them over upon flash, but you cant have a sim card in the phone running an android dual boot.

As far as the pictures go, anything on the SD card or sim card are not affected when you flash a rom.

So pictures, vedios, what ever you have will still be there.

Last edited by aedon; 07-08-2011 at 04:24 AM.