View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 01:43 AM
Carla
Knowledge Is True Opinion

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: EVO 3D Temp Root

Quote:
Originally Posted by prjohnson View Post
I am a major noob. I guess I've rooted a hero and an original Evo 4G.

Anyways, I have followed these instructions I think pretty well. I get to the folder for sdk tools, but it is not recognizing the adb command. I need additional help. I have decided I will wait for permanent root because I will probably ruin something, but I need to ace this adb.

The sdk install was extremely confusing. I don't remember so much work for the other phones installing sdk. It wants me to install all types of add-ons and things. Any help is appreciated. I'm sorry I'm such a noob.

Did you DL the new SDK (I am assuming you did). You don't really need to DL all the add-ons since you just want adb access. Go to wherever you put the SDK files (mine is in C:\Android\android-sdk for example). Click on SDK Manager. Once that opens go to Available Packages (left side) and select Android SDK Platform Tools, Revision 3 under Android Repository.

You also need to change the Path, or set a new one up, as OMJ mentioned. Advanced System Settings-->Environmental Variables-->New-->Variable name= path-->Insert wherever adb is, such as my example above-->Ok.

Test it out with a "adb devices" command and see if your phone is recognized. You may need drivers as well, which was mentioned I believe.

Last edited by Carla; 07-03-2011 at 01:49 AM.