View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 03:01 PM
hbuetow
Lurker

hbuetow is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |May 14| 21916|29020 * Sense 2021 + flavors

RIP to my TP2. The screen died. This is my 3rd TP2 that died the same way. IMHO the resistive touch screen is much more delicate than the capacitive screens of androids devices. The defect always appears, apparently from wear just where I used my finger to scroll up and down. Anyways, US Cellular no longer does an advanced replacement of this phone. I went to a local store and purchased the Android HTC Merge. Thanks to NRG and the CHT and other ROM developers for their work that made the TP2 enjoyable. The new HTC android sense interface in some ways is less sophisticated than the fine tuning of the NRG Roms. There are less tabs and less availability of apps from the home screen. I like the scrolling up on the TP2 and the many program panels. However, things happen much faster on the HTC Merge. The TP2 onscreen keyboard when used with the stylus is much more error free and precise. Keyboard no where near the quality of that on the TP2. I miss my TP2 already. Time marches on. Thanks again to all of the contributing members of this board and to NRG.
This post has been thanked 2 times.