View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 01:08 AM
leadpoizon
VIP Member
Threadstarter

leadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|~[LEAD ROM]~|6.5||03-20-11|-|6.5.X BETA||11-10-10| [*Sprint*] [*Multi-Carrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
I guess you can take out myphone and the marketplace shortcuts in the next release.

I wonder if windows mobile 6.5 will get support for the replacement skydrive initiative they talked about in the cancelation email...

One other strange thing I noticed is that when you select show file extensions in file explorer they are not shown. I assume you have the app "File explorer extension" cooked in as most of the new features are there. However you may not be on the latest version (2.07), which has full compatability for 6.5.

LINK: Google Translate
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzourob View Post
I'd still leave in Marketplace as according to the press release from Microsoft:
Windows Marketplace for Mobile Web Site To Be Discontinued

The Windows Marketplace for Mobile web site at http://marketplace.windowsphone.com will no longer be available starting on July 15, 2011. After July 15, 2011, you will no longer be able to browse, buy or download applications for Windows Mobile 6.x phones via the Windows Marketplace for Mobile web site.

The Windows Marketplace for Mobile service will continue to be available on your phone, however. You will continue to be able to browse, buy and download applications for Windows Mobile 6.x on your phone.
Thus while access to the marketplace will no longer be available via a web browser, the app on the phone should still continue to function, and thus should be left in the rom.

My 2ยข on the MyPhone is that it was never useful in the first place as I always sync my phone with Outlook and my cooperate Exchange server so I have two backups of the data, and have never used that application.
Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
Thanks for the clarification there. good call.

Another thing I would like to see added is the sms character count in manila texting when the physical keyboard is out just like when you use the touch screen keyboard in portrait.

File Explorer Extension v2.07 and v2.06 have a bug that freezes the phone when exiting it while in the storage card. I plan to exclude My Phone from the next release. And Briggs, did ya try the latest beta? It has the character count under the send button, because it's hard to place it in the text box while in landscape (no space), and it's in both portrait and landscape.