View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 09:40 PM
Johnny.Bravo
nous défions

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Bonsai v4.1.1 has been released

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinlover515 View Post
well iam not using journaling since i dont know what that is for. i have seein that term for the past 3 months but since iam not familiar with it then i dont play with it. all i did was go back to stock EB13 use master key as a root. then i went to the clockwork bootlader or what ever its called and clear data chache and davil 4 times each. shoot i even went to mount and store right there on master key boolader and format system data and cache. got out of there and rebooted master key again then i flashed the ROM. and it was working good for a day or 2 ontil crap hitted the fan yesterday. and we are talking about 2 epic doing the same thing almost at the same time. since i flashed both of them the same way on the same day. so i had to go back to stock EC05 on both and them and root again... i have been on stock again since yesterday...
Journaling refers to the Android operating system constantly saving what you are doing to the memory of the phone. Its a backup in case you suddenly lose power or your phone freezes to make sure you don't lose any data. Its a good idea in theory, but it slows down the phone. If we turn the journaling off it speeds up the phone, but leaves you at risk for losing data if your battery dies or your phone crashes. Honestly, the risk is minimal and unless you are working on the cure for cancer on your phone, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

As far as your install process goes, you need to wipe the user data, cache and dalvik AFTER running the Bonsai Master Key and BEFORE flashing the new ROM. That should clear up your problems. I have done this 3 times on my phone and now on the Epic I just bought for my wife and I have had no problems at all.