Thread: Evo 4g/Evo 3D
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 09:35 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Evo 4g/Evo 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post
He is not saying that THIS test doesn't work for testing CPU, he is saying that NO test works for testing CPU. He is clearly saying that since Android runs a Dalvik Java Virtual Machine, the best any test can do is test that virtual machine, rather than the actual machine. And that is also what I said- remember when I said that they weren't testing the dual core until the OS was designed that way?

The only way around this is with root access. Otherwise, what the linpack creator said is 100% correct- you are only testing the virtual machine and not the actual machine.
umm...

Quote:
This test is more a reflection of the state of the Android Dalvik Virtual Machine than of the floating point performance of the underlying processor. Software written for an Android device is written using Java code that the Dalvik VM interprets at run time.
he is clearly saying "this test"....why do you put words in his mouth?

Now as for smartbench:

Quote:
Smartbench 2011 is a multi-core friendly benchmark application that measures the overall performance of your smartphone. It reports both Productivity and Games Index to suit both productivity users and 3D gaming users.
Smartbench 2011 - Android app on AppBrain

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)