View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 07:34 PM
PPCFreak
Almost a VIP

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
so how about a pin code on the lock screen of the entire phone....?

This would help keep prying eyes out of the entire phone.

This only works when the phone had been booted...on a restart the phone is unlocked so no pin to enter.

From a quick google search, XDA had similar questions:
Password Protect SMS/ MMS - xda-developers

Seems most of them in the link above go no where.....

Download Ez Secret SMS 2.0 for Windows Mobile PocketPC Free Trial - Keep your SMS private with Ez Secret SMS. - Softpedia

I don't use any of these but did find this one in a couple of M$ chat sessions on the subject.

Here is maybe a better one:
how to encrypt and hide sms windows mobile - Smartphone Gurus
Not free but if your looking to keep secure, only $20.

And last edit:
[APP]Filter Rules for SMS 4.6 (UPDATED 23rd-March) - xda-developers
This is one I used for a bit but took off after I got tired of the password....it does what it says....and its free and if you have issues can post on XDA what your issues are.
would like to make a couple of corrections here.

1) the lock screen can be set to pop up everytime the device wakes up from sleep or at a minute interval. however this has been proven to be buggy in the stock 6.5 rom which is what the OP is using, it works flawlessly in 6.1 and older as I had been using it on my Dell axim x51v till I got tired of having to enter the password everytime.

2) its MS not M$ that's annoying as hell. its no different than those iDiots or Linux lunatics out there when they say things like windoze,winblows,microshaft,and microshit.
sorry to offend you with the wrong abbrv. for MS.........

#1. try the lock screen with a pin....as stated with wm6.5 its very buggy and not generally recommended.
Also with PIN on the lock screen, this does not come up when you restart the device leaving it wide open till it sleeps or you press the power/lock key.
So easily defeats using the pin code if someone gets ur phone and does a simple restart.

From what I have seen, smsfilter is the safest method if only wanting to hide the sms/certain sms messages.

Oops....suppose the 'ur' is not correct either...

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th