View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 04:21 PM
eric12341
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: text message lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
so how about a pin code on the lock screen of the entire phone....?

This would help keep prying eyes out of the entire phone.

This only works when the phone had been booted...on a restart the phone is unlocked so no pin to enter.

From a quick google search, XDA had similar questions:
Password Protect SMS/ MMS - xda-developers

Seems most of them in the link above go no where.....

Download Ez Secret SMS 2.0 for Windows Mobile PocketPC Free Trial - Keep your SMS private with Ez Secret SMS. - Softpedia

I don't use any of these but did find this one in a couple of M$ chat sessions on the subject.

Here is maybe a better one:
how to encrypt and hide sms windows mobile - Smartphone Gurus
Not free but if your looking to keep secure, only $20.

And last edit:
[APP]Filter Rules for SMS 4.6 (UPDATED 23rd-March) - xda-developers
This is one I used for a bit but took off after I got tired of the password....it does what it says....and its free and if you have issues can post on XDA what your issues are.
would like to make a couple of corrections here.

1) the lock screen can be set to pop up everytime the device wakes up from sleep or at a minute interval. however this has been proven to be buggy in the stock 6.5 rom which is what the OP is using, it works flawlessly in 6.1 and older as I had been using it on my Dell axim x51v till I got tired of having to enter the password everytime.

2) its MS not M$ that's annoying as hell. its no different than those iDiots or Linux lunatics out there when they say things like windoze,winblows,microshaft,and microshit.
This post has been thanked 1 times.