View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 01:41 PM
scrosler
VIP Member

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What should I replace my Sprint TP2 with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Epic 4G is your only choice for now, and it's a great phone! Haven't seen any other Qwerty keyboard phones listed for the near future.
+1 Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
don't give into the 4G hype and go for the HTC arrive,it is an excellent phone and it will get even better in September when the mango update hits. some 4G WP7 devices are in the pipeline but I don't think they will have a QWERTY as these types of phones are a dying breed. the arrive has one just like the TP2 with some minor differences but I rarely use it since the onscreen keys are nearly the same size when the phone is turned to landscape mode.
-1 Wow....

a) 4G hype? What so hyped about it? Its fast as hell when you can get it. Thats not hype, thats truth.

b) Mango update.... buy the phone now and wait until September to gain full functionality that is already available on other platforms (Read: ANDROID!)... That sounds like Hype to me!

c) QWERTY phones a dying breed? Really? I tend to disagree. I think that is just your opinion. Do you have any sales data to back this up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip777s View Post
I switched from the TP2 in january, to the EVO. I had always thought I needed a slider keyboard, old guy with fat fingers. But I really love Swype. And am far happier with the phone and android. So much faster. EVO Shift is the same form & size, with keyboard. What are you waiting for?

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk
+1 FTW!!! SWYPE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!

I didint think I could give up a hard keyboard but after using Swype on my Optimus S I couldnt ever go back to a hard keyboard. I had hard keyboard phones starting with the Apache, then Titan, then Pro, then Pro2. Now I shutter at the thought of a hard keyboard. They just add so much bulk to the phone. But dont get me wrong either, If you need a hard keyboard... Then you need a hard keyboard. My preferences changed as I explored other options.

BTW: This should be moved to Phone Comparison forum. Just sayin....

Donations always accepted but never expected!

Last edited by scrosler; 06-10-2011 at 01:50 PM.