View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 10:15 AM
PuckMercury
PPCGeeks Regular

PuckMercury is keeping up the good workPuckMercury is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |May 14| 21916|29020 * Sense 2021 + flavors

Ok, I am throwing in the towel on figuring this issue out on my own. I have had this for a few months now but just keep managing it. Whenever I flash a new ROM these past months (21916 CHT2 Touch of Glass) and go through the UC, the email settings and data connection (VZW) are both fine initially. However, when I reboot the first time, the data connection is no longer set up (I have to manually enter or run carrier prov again) and my two (exchange and gmail) email settings are both borked. In both instances, they've lost the pwd and the download size/date ranges. In the case of Gmail it also ditches the incoming and outgoing server settings. This is using a provisioning XML that worked perfectly until some random point and still works perfectly until the first reboot.

I realize this may be due to any number of cabs I may or may not be installing, but I haven't been able to nail that down. I thought I'd throw my problem to the masses and see if it's something unfortunately obvious I've overlooked (and searches + wiki couldn't illuminate). I don't have CHT set to change any email account settings at any point, and the only settings being restored are by way of the settings import/export registry entires.

In any event I thought I'd ask and thanks to any suggestions.

EDIT: I have tried other flavors of 21916 CHT2 and all demonstrate this same quirk. I have not tried many 6.5.x builds as that introduces more variables than it would eliminate in such an issue. Those few I have tried, however, also demonstrate this.

Last edited by PuckMercury; 06-06-2011 at 10:18 AM. Reason: More Data