View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 09:23 PM
dewwick
Lurker

dewwick is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Samsung Charge... Good, Ok, Or Bad Phone?

I just got mine. Letstalk dot com just lowered their price to 199. Bestbuy was going to match their price when I told the manager but they made me wait half an hour so I left and got it overnight ordering online. The phone is cool. I upgraded from a touch pro 2. It's brand new, it's an Android, and it's got a 1Ghz processor. How could you go wrong. It's Verizon's 2nd 4G phone, didn't want to be a guinea pig and get the Thunderbolt, although I've read many reviews which say they are about evenly matched. Anyway who cares, I'm finally playing Angry Birds, so whatever! It's great to be able to watch youtube from right inside the browser! The keyboard is very sensitive to me. I'm used to using my fingernail to make precise screen touches, but fingernails are about useless on the Charge. I'm getting the hang of it though. I DO miss the physical keyboard AND the arrow keys, but so far I haven't been unable to do what I need to do. It's just a learning curve. Oh, and speech to text is amazing! On a cell phone, with no voice training?? Whoa! That's freaking awesome to me. But again, this is my first new phone in 2 years. Battery life on day 1 with LOTS of playing around was only 5 or 6 hours. Today I took it off charge at 9 am and played with it much less but still a lot, and it's down to 30% 12 hours later. It's so new there's not an extended battery for it yet, but I have one on pre-order and it will require a new battery door making it thicker. I laugh cause it will still be thinner than my first flip phone 14 years ago and THAT was the coolest freakin' thing EVER!!! Haha. Anyway, the Motorola Bionic is coming to Verizon (soon??) followed by who knows what else. So buy now and enjoy, or wait for something better with more features. It should only take a matter of months. 4G is new but will be here for a while. If they make a 1Ghz slider on 4G, I may upgrade again personally. Good luck!