View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 02:58 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Bought My Epic... Here I come people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
1. Yeah I read that somewhere but in my device manager it still said unkown device. I unmounted and remounted it and it worked. When I went to gingerbread its giving me the same problem. I dont care right now I can always flash to stock.
yeah it happens..

Quote:
2. My sdcard adapter on my laptop is broken.
hmm..then I suggest you buy one off ebay/meritline for like 2$..it always comes in handy...

-----------------------
Quote:
things are starting to clear up but still have a few cob webs in there I used OneClickRootCWM3.0.2.5-EC05 flashed gingerbread and flashed the modem EE03
Ok..that one is for DUALFS..it works with both RFS and EXT4..

Quote:
If I want to go to syndicate rom or any ext4 rom based phone I have to use OneClickRootCWM3-EB13 right (which can be found here [MOD][One Click Root] Clockwork Mod version 3.0.0.5/6 - UPDATED FOR EB13! - xda-developers)?
you can do that..but it may be easier to just flash the ext4 conversion script as 3.0.2.5 supports both EXT4 and RFS...

Quote:
CWM 3.0.2.5 is for RFS
2.5.5 is for RFS..3.0.2.5 is both

Quote:
& CWM 3.0.0.6 is for EXT4 right?

yes that one is EXT4 only..it comes prebundled with EXT4 conversion

Quote:
Quote:
But why root? CWM roots your phone and installs CWM on your phone at the same time right?
You can have clockworkmod and root separately..its just that 99% of the users who want one usually want the other as well...so it comes bundled...

Quote:
Is there another CWM that works with EXT4?
all cwm 3.0s work with EXT4 on the epic...2.5.5 is the one thats RFS only..

Quote:
Im on an EE03 Modem the thread says you should be on ECO5 The modem doesn't matter does it?
Not really..

Quote:
Odin is only used to flash modems because it needs to be a .tar file correct?
Odin is the only one that can flash "unofficial" modems..BUT you can use odin to flash roms and kernels and etc...Odin is geenrally used to flash modems and return to stock...but its well capable of doing everything...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.