View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 01:05 AM
Sharkie405
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 4-24-11-SharkieROM X CE ROMs Up!★SharkieROM v5.0★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense

So when I first tried to open the RSS Settings I got an RSSUtil.exe error message. I soft reset and then everything seemed to work fine as you can see in the pic. I'll post up that error message over in the RSS Tab developer thread at XDA to see what light Meltwater can shed on it, if any. I'd be curious to know what that's about. He still has it labeled as a beta, but I felt it was good enough to roll with. I'd used it several days without incident prior to tonight. We'll see how it goes. Did a soft reset fix your RSS issue?

I was thinking that I gotta do something about the orange. It's very hard to read, at least with the default wallpaper. I was also thinking of skinning it with that blue and white skin I posted in the RSS thread. Do you remember? Whether or not you think you'll regularly use the tab, what are your thoughts and opinions on the skinning of the tab?

Oh, and nice catch on my forgetting about the RSS Tab link!

@ Anyone,

I was thinking about what Straitup has said about his bad experience with v5.0. I also remember that he has mentioned my ROMs ability to remain stable despite getting tons and tons of texts and such that he gets, as one of the reasons that he liked it...

I normally only sync the past 3 days emails to my phone when I set up my email account. Today I set it up to receive email from the past 60 days. It came up to a little over 1100 emails. The phone became generally slower and slightly buggy at times more so than I can ever remember on any ROM I've ever made. This is also the first time ever that I've had so many emails sync to the phone. I searched around and read about storing attachements on the sd card, which is all fine and good, but that's not what I'm talking about. Aside from that, the only things I kept seeing were that you just simply shouldn't keep that much email on your phone.

My question is, is this normal? To you guys that regularly use other ROMs, do they significantly slow down with around 1100 emails? Anyone keep that many emails on their phone? Is the only solution really that these phones just simply cannot handle it and it's best just to not keep so many?

Last edited by Sharkie405; 05-31-2011 at 03:11 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.