View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 11:52 PM
darren.wlsn1
acs tester
Threadstarter

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Bonsai unlocker/root (simple to use)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingMinstrel View Post
Well this sounds easy enough for even me to try. I'm not a noob but I'm not very adventuresome. I've got a fresh stock nonrooted Epic. When I had Eclair, I had Z4root but that wouldn't play with either of the Froyo updates so I did a hard reset and now my present EC05 is clean.

But first... a dumb question or three:
It looks like I have to install through my computer. Are all the necessary drivers included in the dl?
Do I have to remove this root app to get the next Sprint/Samsung update when it comes someday?
And, if so, how do I do that? (I don't understand what odin is or how to get it if that's part of the answer. lol)

I noticed that there was a painful lack of info or documentation on the Bonsai site when I registered and dl'd. There seems to be an assumption that people will know what they are doing...!
you still need drivers on pc but thats simple and not positive on updates but 99% sure you will need to be stoc and yes that involves odin which is very simple to use and i will help ya with odin if ya need it it but it really is simple.
This post has been thanked 1 times.