View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 11:30 PM
Vancer
Halfway to VIP Status

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROMs | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 5/22/11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat View Post
i'm not able to keep the 3.0 lockscreen on reboot..anyone else having that issue?
Had that issue as well... you need to use root explorer to copy and replace the htclockscreen.apk in system/app after you enable the stock android lockscreen like OMJ said. Then once you get it replaced, go to the permissions of the apk while still in system/app and make sure only the following permissions are checked:

Owner: read and write
Group: read
Others: read

Make sure root explorer is in mount as r/w mode when you do this (it should already be or you couldn't have overwritten the file) so that the permissions will actually re-set. Then re-boot, go into setting and change the lockscreen again... you will have the 3.0 lockscreen and it will stay after re-boot.

I had to do this for it to work. I assume you could also push it with ADB which is probably what OMJ did but It's just quicker for me to do it this way since I'm on the road a lot and don't always have my computer to plug into.

Edit: Just tried this again after a re-install of 1.3 and didn't have any luck ... weird? Done messing with it for now , may try again later and if I get it to work I will re-post

Last edited by Vancer; 05-25-2011 at 01:30 AM.