View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 12:59 PM
teradog
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Dream Phone II, 100% Transparent, Final ROM, How to get 150 MB of RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
I dont remember where I saw it but how do you delete the dialer I remember it was a hog on memory too
thanked... agreed! Now someone has to try it & post over 150MB RAM... forgot that one.. lol should have done it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by akeaw3000 View Post
I'm on the 21916 Titanium April 29th ROM + IPhoneToday. I also tried on the 29017 Standard April 15th ROM; same result.

I finally got it to work like above after modding my own files, but I want to completely remove the softkeys, so I added NueNoBar2.0, which KINDA worked. I say kinda because after boot there's a black/multi-colored space with a white speck where the bar used to be, but I can remove it by right clicking the screen & hitting "cancel". Maybe teradog can help me figure this last piece out...

*Screenshots:
The first is what I got following teradog's method above
The second is what I got when I added NueNoBar 2.0
The third is what I want.
Yep, #3 that would be nice! Look, mwalts method is the only thing I've found... You don't "back up" your original files.. simply copy them to a dir on your SD card.. (thus creating a backup, leaving the originals in place)

COOL!! you got it!
Note to others... you MUST have those 2 files from the same sys!!! Yes, I was able to jump between a few versions of 290xx, but certainly, you wouldn't be able to use 29xxx mod'd files on a 21xxx sys.

Also, looking at your post, I now realize... "getting rid of softkey bar" is not an accurate statement.. I meant transparency... the buttons would remain the same, however... you can look for the softkeys reg & change those.. I even messed around & changed the font color.

Re. NoBar 2.0, wow, it actually expands into that space allowing more usable screen? I have to try this... I'll go DL..
Re. I can remove it by right clicking the screen & hitting "cancel". wow, I think I may be satisfied with the right click cancel..! I'll take a look

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1234 View Post
i'm surprised this thread hasn't gotten more attention.

i'm running april 26 or 24th cookie. i just turned off sense and turn on iphonetoday. it def saved me some ram. i like it and hoping it can hold me over until evo 3d is released. my battery seems to die really quickly still. obviously i've made no other changes so i shouldnt expect it to last much longer
On your battery... Did you flash a titanium ROM & change startmenues with the cab I linked? Are you on an Energy ROM? You have to keep it simple.. the simpler, the better battery... no album cover updates & checking 10 different emails every 30 seconds, etc.. My experience with cookie is that so much is always running in the background. I have mail set to a few hours, one account 1 hour & simply created a link to sendreceive all (I think I found in the \windows directory) when I want to ensure the newest refresh..

Hope that helps...

I may have missed a bunch, sorry, post again with questions/suggestions please if I did, or misunderstood your questions

Last edited by teradog; 05-20-2011 at 01:15 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.