View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 10:40 AM
orangekid
Awesomenss :)

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: questions about memory/processor

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpoete View Post
I'm thinking about getting either the Thunderbolt or the Droid X2 and would like some expert opinions on the subject.

My question is when it comes to performance which one do you think will be better? (Data connection speeds aside) I know that the X2 isn't out yet so you can't really compare but when it comes to hardware is a phone with a Tegra 2 dual core processor and less RAM likely to perform better than a 1Ghz 2nd gen. processor and more RAM?

For those of you who have had the Droid X, did the motoblur interface slow it down alot compared to HTC's sense interface? Do you think there will be a noticeable enough performance difference to really make one device stand out versus the other or will it be simply a matter of 3G vs 4G (and battery)?

I have seen a lot of complaints about the Droid X with regard to the ugly UI, bugs, performance, lack of development, and performance.

I'd go Thunderbolt because HTC just knows how to code better than Moto does. Sense is so much better a UI it's not even funny. There is tons of development for HTC devices and IMO they perform much better. I cannot wait to get my hands on the Sensation as soon as it comes out and as far as TB vs X2 I'd honestly take better coding and more development over dual-core. There Nexus S IMO performs much better than the Atrix and again that's Google coding over Samsung's single-processor hummingbird vs. Moto's abysmal coding over a dual-core.

Honestly I'd skip both and wait for an HTC Dual-Core device.
This post has been thanked 1 times.