View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 11:17 PM
jaeskill
N00b

jaeskill is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Wireless Windows Phone 7 status updates !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
What press event are you talking about ? Verizon just gives me "Very soon" (exact quote from about 10 min ago).

Still sick of this shit...

The post above mine (and a lot of other posts on other forums) give the idea that VZW is going to announce the Trophy during the MS press event, Tuesday 24th of May. I attached a link to the invite at the bottom of my last post. So, according to what I am reading, the Trophy is expected to be released the Thursday after the MS event which is highlighting Mango. If VZW releases this phone within two weeks after this press event it will be the dumbest shit I have ever witnessed in marketing. MS will discuss great things for the future and then VZW is going to announce a phone that can't do ANY of the shit that was just discussed? Who sells anything like that? The Mango update will not sell handsets it will make the masses wait to buy one, just like the iphone 4/5 situation.

I guess I posted to remove any hype that may develop around this new date because it makes the least amount of sense to me. The invite is not VZW red, the Tuesday-Thursday pattern was just disproven with the release of the Droid Charge so it is no longer a solid formula to rely on, the MS press event would be the worst time to announce a phone with none of the functions that will be revealed to the world on the 24th. Without an official announcement or news from somebody that gets a verbal confirmation from VZW, I dont think anything should be posted as far as a date. The 24th may be true... but if its not, the potential disappointment when it is not announced wont be VZWs fault, it will be our own.

edit: I think VZW NEEDS to release the phone this week. If they dont, sales will suffer. I hope the 12th was the stocking run for the phones.

Last edited by jaeskill; 05-16-2011 at 11:20 PM.