View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 11:36 PM
esqueue
Halfway to VIP Status

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm on the fence on whether I love or hate WP7

I am not going to senselessly bash the phone but isn't turning a blind eye to how much it's locked down.

I purchased my Arrive yesterday to test it in real life.

I dislike the lack of file explorer, no custom ringtones, so socket support (yet). Those are the only possible deal breakers for me. I also hate the fact that the screen auto tilts, and really nit-picking here about the power button is no longer recessed causing it to turn off in my case. Far from deal breakers.

Those things may be fixed in the future but even with those issues, the COMPLETE lack of lag, INSANE speed and the fact that the phone just works are some major pros.

I had a rom on my TP2 which caused the phone to run like shit and froze, lagged and was all around crappy. Even with the stock rom, I rarely found it useful to just think of something and browse as it was so slow, it wasn't worth it. IE runs so damn fast on this phone.

LOL after typing this, I will most likely keep it as the phone just works. The phone is also more responsive than my Cousin's EVO even though it can only preform a fraction of what android is capable of At the moment.

Sorry for the rant, just felt like typing something.