View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Tinkerbell
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Cannot GPS - Please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel1613 View Post
Tinkerbell can you help this noob understand? I believe I have the newest radio (3.42.50) so I'm not understanding how locking, installing the old rom/radio, unlocking, installing new radio (which I seem to have), installing new rom makes my phone act different than it does now.
Hey Samuel! The reason you have to flash an older Rom and Radio is because Verizon locked out the GPS function on your Titan with the MR2 update. You have to flash a Rom that is older than this update, and then work forward with Rom's that do not have the lockout.
That being said, I am not certain how much time it is going to take for you to get a lock without a data connection. I am going to guess about 20 to 30 minutes. If you can get data on your phone through wireless, usb, or over the air, you can get a GPS lock in under a minute. GPS is one of my absolute favorite things about this device!!
Let us know how it is going there!!

This post has been thanked 2 times.