SouthernEvo
Lurker

SouthernEvo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [5-5-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.1][Release]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstretch View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; PC36100 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

One more thing.. My battery is at 6 percent and i just noticed my sensor usage is through the roof... Google maps has 15 hours of use of it. Pulse and Android system have 5 and my dialer has 2 hours. Any ideas?
I have to agree with this one . I loaded up Deck 1.1 and used the most recent Tiamat kernel . Of course my mom calls right after I get it completely set up . I get off the phone and check battery usage since I have had bad luck with Gingerbread roms and insanely high "Android system" usage . After talking on the phone for 49 mins my android system usage was at 89% voice calls at 2% . This problem has haunted me on every variation of Gingerbread AOSP I have tried on my phone . So I went into spare parts and checked what might have caused it . Everything looked fine till I got to "Sensor Usage" . Under Sensor usage in spare parts Android system was sitting at 100% . Im going to assume since most of the time the phone was up and running I was mostly on the phone . Which would have some effect on the proximity sensor . Is the proximity sensor causing such high Android system usage ? Other versions of Gingerbread aosp usually breaks this function in spare parts so I was never able to confirm if that was infact the issue with those . BTW I have tried doing all the other fixes to reduce "Android system" usage . Everything from swapping kernels , shutting down back up , shutting down all that stuff . Even so far as to shutting down all sync'ing apps . I believe its the proximity sensor . Any other ideas ?