View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 10:49 AM
schettj
morsus mihi

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Extend Battery Life on ACER A500 ***ROOT REQUIRED***

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapaz04 View Post
Alright, I hope this test clears all doubts... First of all, I would like to state that I found the BATTERY INFO to have 1200mAh as opposed to the 3260mAh you posted... I have changed that... I have also cleared the log since the previous information was "wrong"... here is the information I get...

BEFORE CHANGE...
IDLE - 2mA
PEAK - 151mA (During stress test that ran at least 6 minutes)

AFTER FILE NAME CHANGE...
IDLE - 1-2mA
PEAK - 104mA (During stress test that ran at least 8 minutes)

Conclusion...
If what was stated before is correct and what we need is at least 15% difference in numbers... would 48mA not be over that amount? Just my 2 cents...

BUT... I GET WHAT YOU ARE SAYING... MAYBE THE APP IS REPORTING WRONG OR I AM RUNNING SOMETHING WRONG... I have not used batterymonitor before so... These are my results... There you go. jejeje
It looks better - idle is still impossibly low. The Peak numbers look to be about 1/4 of what they should be based on the runtimes given for video playback in Acer's own specs. But even so, as you said there is a measurable difference - so it's probably doing something. I believe Thanks for running the tests again.

These results are actually disappointing, since it means that Honeycomb still isn't a "tablet optimized" version of Android - if it were, then there should be no need to disable parts of the shipped package to improve battery life, they should simply do nothing if there is no supported hardware present.

Still, cool - enjoy!