draghn
Regular 'Geeker

draghn is keeping up the good workdraghn is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Google Voice + Sprint integration

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.lamberson View Post
I hope no one runs into the same issue as I, but at least this can be a heads up to anyone who may have a similar issue. After integrating my Sprint and GV I noticed I was unable to make outbound calls. I had originally thought it was a VoIP app I had previously used but later found out this was not the case. When I would place a call my dial pad timer would start and get to 0:06 and I would receive a busy signal each and every time. I could receive calls and text as well as use my data flawlessly, but no bueno on making calls. After contacting both the VoIP developer and GV I contacted Sprint to see if we could uncover the issue. While speaking to their tech support for 2 hours, I changed my phone number with no success, recovered my old number with still no success, and spent countless minutes listening to the horrific hold music as I waited for tech support to try and discover the issue. Only after being transferred to tier 2 tech support did she have the idea of removing the GV from my Sprint account, which note automatically applies a code onto your account. After many hard resets, thank God for nandroid, I was instructed to reset my phone after she removed GV from my Sprint account and everything worked perfectly.
Ouch, that is unfortunate. My integration experience hasn't run into any issues... yet.

I'm curious about a couple of things:
Did you have Google Voice already?

Which option did you choose when you first integrated them (Option 1 - have your Sprint number become your Google Voice number, Option 2 - have your Google Voice number integrate with your Sprint account so calls/texts made from your Sprint phone show up as the Google Voice number you already had)?