Thread: is it brick ??
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 03:18 PM
djgallis
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

djgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: is it brick ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
rooting does not brick..the kernel didnt play nice with my phone..they took the kernel down due to it bricking phones...not everyone got bricked on that kernel but it warranted concern. If you use one of the current kernels it should be fine..and rooting definitely wont brick your phone...
Quote:
Originally Posted by balagyi View Post
how did you get your epic bricked? from rooting?

edit: i found you post about you got bricked. too bad. hope rooting won't brick epic. cause my epic got rooted on first day.

YEA like @gTen says it wasnt from ROOTING my phone has been ROOTED and was currently running on a Devolopers ROM called MIDNIGHT V5.2 journaling on BYOR .... ive didn have no issues with his previously releases plus the fact that u can build it (meaning : add your on software to it was nice hence it being called BYOR build your own rom ) .. it was working fine for as long as i had and when the rom was posted so for a while now ... ive had different roms but liked this 1 the best ...

my problem came just randomly i was goin to text someone and it froze i couldnt hit home - or power button anything .. and from other post was my problems and help start to come in ... BUT NOT FROM ROOTING AT ALL that was probably the easiest part of the epic journey ( one click method root )