Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Re: FRX06 - No Data Connection - Carrier Provisioning - Costa Rica

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangreen View Post
just press the "windows"key it will give you the option to create the APN
Thanks, that was not obvious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
For the slide to unlock disable, you'll have to go with some third party app - sounds crazy, but it seems to be the case.

As for data, did you setup the APN correctly? Since you have an odd carrier, you'll probably need to put in a valid APN for it.

Also, does your carrier require any tricks to get thru to the open internet like a proxy?
I played for an hour with Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Access Point Names and the settings to no joy.

"...Since you have an odd carrier" - ain't odd for us as it's a state monopoly so everybody is using it here. I'm not a programmer but here is a pointer for future built where I can see my icecellular carrier: an accurate working list of APN's for cyanogen (and other?) builds (Android). How could I use this .xml in FRX06?

OR: this registry key from WM 6.5.3 & EDGE data settings that works on my Tilt 2. How could I import this in FRX06 or translate the binary data so I could input it in Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Access Point Names and the settings?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\State\Connectivity]
"APN Info"=hex:31,00,2c,00,69,00,63,00,65,00,63,00,65,0 0,6c,00,75,00,6c,00,61,\

Or is there an other key I could export from WM to import in FRX06 to fix the data connection problem?

"For the slide to unlock disable, you'll have to go with some third party app..." - Any suggestion, name or link maybe?