View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 12:13 AM
tstretch
PPCGeeks Regular

tstretch is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; PC36100 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasden
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooMann View Post
Dude...I love ur work/rom and I can't wait for 1.1! But I gotta tell u the negatives I've experienced. My phone is running 1.0 with tiamat 3.3.8 sbc. I have setcpu installed and set it 2 1190mhz max and 245mhz min on interactive mode.

1. Random vibrations outta nowhere 4 no reason.
2. Phone freezes 4 no reason and it lasts 4 like a minute. Sometimes it just reboots...or goes back 2 normal.
3. My phone gets crazy hot.
4. Battery life is so so...but still better than CM. I turn on 3g and that battery starts dyin as quick as water goin down the drain.

That's what I can think of right now...ne help/idea's on fixes or whatever lemme guys. Thanks 4 the help in advance!

Sent from my Gingerbreaded EVO 4G using Deck's 1.0 rom.
Out of curiosity why do you run SetCPU when those controls are already built into the rom? And, you might want to try running stock at those settings to test if it is, in fact, the kernel.

I use profiles in set cpu. The most important 1 is running at full throttle when phone is charging. I also scale back the max processor when battery is low.

Is there a way to do this with the built in governor?
Also should I not run Setcpu and the built in governor?
And third question, what does the 'set on boot' option do?

Last edited by tstretch; 05-01-2011 at 12:16 AM.