View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 01:58 PM
wavezero
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

wavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My complaints of the Shift after a week (any input is appreciated!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavezero View Post
Complaints:
1) Battery is horrendous- I can barely get through half a day before a charge. I know I need to more actively manage my open apps, but I love how responsive it is.
2) Seriously? No separate lock screen wall paper?- I love the grass live wallpaper, but I want a photo for the lock screen wall paper. Looking everywhere it doesn't seem like that can be done. I don't like any of the 3rd party apps, they're buggy and they don't properly show updates (meetings, missed calls, texts). There has GOT to be a way to point it to a different pic.
3) Keyboard back light doesn't work- The light turns on ONLY when it's VERY dark. Pain in the butt

4) Face book stuff still sucks- HTC for Sense will not sync all of my contacts, a few don't show up and therefore I can't link them. I've uninstalled, cleared cache, unfriended and refriended, nothing seems to work. I like the standard FB app better anyway, but the Widget blows (one post at a time). Why don't they have a full page widget?
5) Words with Friend is buggy as hell- Ok so this has nothing to do with the device, but it's an awesome program. However it never works. It has to restart all of the time. the rest of the time it looses my games and I have to start a fresh game (then resign) to get my previous one to work, what the hell is up with that?
Thanks for all the input! I haven't been able to find the time yet to play with the ocing, but will soon.

Here's where I'm at with everything else:
1) My 2 TouchPro 2 batteries work on this unit, and I had a couple of extra chargers, so I just carry 2 extra batteries with me and have everything possible streaming with auto updating. A little excessive I know, but its fun to have. I carry a man-purse with all sorts of gadgets, so throwing in a couple of batteries is no big deal.

2) So still staying with the stock locker. I'm now running the anipet aquarium lwp, so that all the time is just fine. (I REALLY did not like any of the other 3rd party apps).

3) Keyboard bl is still really patchy, I wish there was an "always on" setting like in WM, but oh well.

4) Facebook still sucks, played with a bunch of 3rd party apps, and their worthless too, Hopefully fb gets off their butt and corrects this.

5) Completely ditched Words With Friends. Wordfeud works great. The layout isn't as pretty, but it has some other cool features like adding your pic.

Thanks again!!