View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 07:42 PM
powinmo
PPCGeeks Regular

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New version of Leo dialer

I finally had a chance to review Monfro's v3 Leo dialer. I've installed it to a test Sprint TP2 unit using:
Energy.RHODCDMA.29020.Sense2.5.Apr.26.7z - clean flash and no settings/app restore via XDA_UC. I manually added contact info/pix.

PROS:
1. contact pictures work
2. works with the BT hangup solution (Sprint MR1 BT stack + Sprint MR1 dialer package baked in to the ROM)

CONCERNS:
1. GetMSL no longer works once this mod is installed. The "xMSL" diagnostic codes are no longer produced as this dialer seems to prohibit certain extended CDMA modes.

2. EPST access requires you to install the carrier provisioning cab (stock dialer works out of the box without requiring the prov cab for Sprint users)

3. Adds Conference Call buttons/icons - which are nice and fancy. But it DOES NOT allow 3-way conference calling if it was already broken in the ROM. eg, the Sprint MR1 solution somehow broke 3-way/conference mode calling for *SPRINT CDMA* users. So no 3rd party dialer solution can fix that right now.

4. Landscape support has issues. If you make a call, it returns you to portrait mode regardless if the keyboard is deployed and WinMo already has things in landscape mode. And no, you should NOT need to mess with the gsensor settings to get this to work right.

There are probably registry entries to change to fix this, but I'm not inclined to figure that out when there are other items that need to be addressed.

*edit* the lack of proper landscape support is a limitation of the Leo dialer itself. There are other mods available that apparently attempt to address this.

I am providing this information so there is no confusion as the various comments posted about how this dialer adds conference call ability, does it break the BT hangup solution, etc.

I do applaud Monfro's effort in maintaining this mod for those that choose to use it... assuming it fits their needs.
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...

Last edited by powinmo; 04-30-2011 at 07:48 AM. Reason: conf call stuff for sprint users - landscape support limitation
This post has been thanked 3 times.