View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 12:31 AM
EyeB
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: possible to use phone as wifi intranet?

a bit old, but after forgetting about this, I finally figured out how to do this

It's pretty nice, and a roundabout way of doing this though. I had to get 2 apps, WMWifirouter and Wifi remote access. I don't know if there are free alternatives but I like these two so I used them.

How I did it was to create a hotspot using wmwifirouter, then I disabled the sprint connection through comm manager. This allowed me to turn phone into a wireless hotspot with no data connections that other people can connect to. Then finally using Wifi remote access, they could upload/download things to phone.

Anyways It's pretty nice when I'm outside and need to share things with a group of people without actually having everyone having a data plan. Planning on maybe getting a solar charger or something and seeing if that works later on so I can not have to carry spare batteries.

It works well in large public areas since we'll always have a "private" network.